· Ease and Convenience – the professionals at CBP take the headaches out of the edit-to-book signing process.
• Personal satisfaction - the joy in research and writing about a favorite topic is a rewarding avocation. Your work will have an enduring life in a beautifully designed book, whether in print or e-book form.
• Time matters - even authors who had successful books with national publishers have come to us when they tired of waiting for a standard publisher to accept a new manuscript that did not fit any publisher's immediate need. And they have been happy they took the entrepreneurial route, because they retained control and earned higher royalties.
• Profit - unless you are a Grisham, Schlesinger, or former President, a mainstream publisher will not offer a six-figure advance and royalties may be disappointing. At Cincinnati Book Publishing, authors receive expert assistance that enables them to recoup their costs, and oftentimes, to make a nice profit.
• Inventory - you own the inventory. A traditional publisher or mass-market self-publisher will give the author five books. Any copies over that you must purchase! Most authors like the luxury of being able to send copies to favorite relatives, the kids' school library, and to the teacher who insisted the study of English would pay big dividends one day.
· Human Capital – we are savvy professionals and good at what we do. We are here for you for advice and hand-holding along with product development.
• Quality control - your book will meet the standards you expect and desire. You approve the design, the cover art, and the retail price. You approve the marketing program. And you control the advertising budget.
• Direct marketing potential - selling books through organizations, book fairs, direct mail, bookstores, and on the Web allows authors to realize a significant return on their investment. Any unsold merchandise can sometimes be given to a charitable organization to sell or use for its benefit, and the donor may qualify for a tax deduction.